Rusty A+ Cert PC Tech wanting to list this budget build before I buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.

runetang

Beta member

Hi, I'm a new member here. I was going to purchase a budget laptop for $329 but ran into some money issues and also saw that it wouldnt be an ideal buy. my mini case desktop PC has a bummed m-board and possible p-supply, going to replace everything short of the drives which I know are good.

Yes I know these are cheap parts, but I've always built budget PCs and the performance I get from key features I ensure are a part of the build like ample memory and some kind of video graphics power. These have always kept my gaming interests at bay, and they last longer than any PCs anyone else I know purchase new. My most recent one lasted 5 years overclocked slightly with no issues until the thing went dead while trying to push the PS/2 mouse connector in, which wasnt working, i plugged it in and it literally turned off and wont come back on, checked out everything, looks solid, maybe burnt out a motherboard circuit? Replacing the p-supply incase it is the culprit, it was old at the time, plus ill need more power anyways. Ok, so here's the build:

-Acer G205HBbd Black 20" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

- COOLER MASTER Elite 460 RS-460-PSAR-J3 460W ATX12V V2.31 Power Supply

-Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR1066D3N7K2/4G

-AMD Athlon II X2 255 Regor 3.1GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX255OCGQBOX

-BIOSTAR MCP6P3 AM3 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 / nForce 430 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

-Model Brand BIOSTAR
Model MCP6P3
Supported CPU
CPU Socket Type AM3
CPU Type Phenom II / Athlon II / Sempron 100 Series
Maximum CPU TDP (Thermal Design Power): 95Watt
FSB 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s)

Chipsets
North Bridge NVIDIA GeForce 6150 / nForce 430
Memory
Number of Memory Slots 2×240pin
Memory Standard DDR3 800/1066/133
Maximum Memory Supported 8GB
Channel Supported Dual Channel

Expansion Slots
PCI Express x16 1
PCI Slots 2

Storage Devices
PATA 1 x ATA100 2 Dev. Max
SATA 3Gb/s 4
SATA RAID 0/1/0+1/5
(it also has an IDE connector for IDE HDD) - I checked)

Onboard Video
Onboard Video Chipset NVIDIA GeForce 6150
Onboard Audio
Audio Chipset Realtek ALC662
Audio Channels 6 Channels
Onboard LAN
LAN Chipset Realtek 8201CL
Max LAN Speed 10/100Mbps

Rear Panel Ports
PS/2 2
COM 1
Video Ports D-Sub
USB 1.1/2.0 4 x USB 2.0

Audio Ports 3 Ports
Onboard USB
Onboard USB 4 x USB 2.0
Physical Spec
Form Factor Micro ATX
Dimensions 9.6" x 7.5"
Power Pin 24 Pin
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 3 years limited
Labor 2 years limited

------------------------------------------------

I already have the HDD, the Floppy, the Mini case, the DVD Burner, The webcam and the microphone and etc etc.

This will cost me $282.96 but the montior is $120 of that. I have an older monitor I can use if money gets tight, lowering the price to $162.96.

The onboard video should suit me for the time being until I sell my (older) uber AGP video card to get a PCI-express one in the near future.

Do you foresee any problems with this build? I researched quality and read reviews and predominantly, aside from the board showing up dead, they are apparently excellent for the money, performance and decent quality. I'm certified but I havent built a PC since socket 9xx was the latest tech so ...

Thanks!
-runetang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom