reinstall vista, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_san

Solid State Member
my hard drive is failing and I have a 1TB hard disk that I like to reinstall vista with the EISA configuration, but the 1 TB hdd have 2 patitions and one contain the backup of all my files from the other hdd,

would I be able to unplug the other hdd and and reinstall vista in the 1 TB hdd with the EISA configuration disk and is there a way to choose which patition to install vista in so the backup can stay and not get deleted?

thanks

thanks for the reply

I tried to reinstall vista again in the original hdd, to see how it is and it didn't give me any option where to itnstall or any thing like that, I click ok after it told me that all data will be deleted and then it just reinstalled itself without giving me any other options.

this is not the original vista disk, it the recovery patition that restore vista back to factory condition. my pc is a per-built

but if I use a hdd without vista would in it, would it give me the option or would it just do the same thing as the other one. sorry about this I'm just scared that all my data would get delete

thanks

installVista_7244.jpg

You should see this screen. This is the screen where you can select where to install Vista to. If you only have that 1 option it is because the drive is not partitioned and there is no place but there to install.

If you have partitions it will show every option.

thanks for the reply,

I just realize that there is a program call THE TECH GUYS it make diagnostic easier

so it handles all the installing, it just reformats the hdd completely, destorying all the patition and making it how it use to be when I bought it.

so is there a way to extract vista from the EISA configuration and install it without the tech guys program

thanks

No there isnt any way to extract Vista. You shouldnt need the program to install Vista. Just insert the DVD and follow the steps. It isnt that hard. The guide i posted will give you all the details.

The Recovery Disk offered by the manufacturer's will allow you to reinstall the OS. That is their design. They offer you to Recover your system back to factory default settings. That is why it has the Recovery Disk name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom