Recovery (D:) Drive prompts "Low Disk Space" Warning. Issue creating Backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defraggler is a good free program. It is from the same company that makes CCleaner.

If they are two physical drives where drive A has the C:\ drive and the drive B has the D:\ drive there is no way you can extend the D:\ partition with space from the C:\ partition. Being two separate drives there is no way to share the space among them.

The Unallocated space means that the newly created partition needs to be formatted for windows to recognize it. So if it is still with the first drive you can add it back to the C:\ drive or you can make the space created to its own drive.

What I hadn't done is found a Defrag program. Can't seem to find a good free one.

But yea, they are both physical drives, not logical. I simple shrunk the C: drive, and a new logical drive appeared named "Unallocated". Try to expand D: and got nothing, wouldn't eve allow me.
In your first Post you say that Drive "D:" is 10.2GB.

I think you best give up on this, you are quite a few years short on the experience necessary to avoid toasting the Data on your Drive.

In your first Post you say that Drive "D:" is 10.2GB.

I think you best give up on this, you are quite a few years short on the experience necessary to avoid toasting the Data on your Drive.

Well my dad has a hellava lot more experience than I so he is helping but not 100% familiar with the new OS'. But the only reason I said that they were both Physical is because I downloaded that "Disk Optimization" program and it had said that both of them were "Physical" and the unallocated, after shrinking C:, was Logical.

Think im just gonna buy the 500GB HDD and have Best Buy or Staples partition it to C: 460GB and D: 40GB and tell them to transfer my data from my current HDD and its drives to the corresponding.

Will my computer just continue to build backups or will I need to reinstall the OS when they do this? Cause in the current D: drive there are:

Recovery.jpeg (Pops up a picture saying "Your recovery drive")
PAUL-PC (Opens up the "Manage Space"/"Restore All Files"/"Restore to Backup Date" window with the Win7 admin control)

Id assume copying everything would just make it work the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom