Record TV to computer explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Can anybody pls explain to me how and the software/hardware needed to record TV to my computer?

Thank you!

Re:

Hello,

You need a tv tuner for the pc, such as these: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/prods_pcis.html.

You can get PC TV Tuners either in USB or PCI form (a card you plug into your PC's motherboard). Two forms are available, analogue and digital (DVB) - whichever one you choose will depend on what coverage you have in your area, and what type of broadcast you have delivered to you home.

Almost certainly all USB and PCI TV Tuner cards come with software which allow you to tune channels and record them to the hard drive. Many nowadays have additional features like multichannel preview, scheduling, live recording to CD-R / DVD-R, time shifting and more.

Basically, once you have one of these installed on your PC, all you need to do is route a coaxial cable to the tuner, and have the software do all the rest.

Alternatively, you can use a VHF or Digital indoor aerial if the signal is strong enough.

Thanks Alvin C!

I assume if I have one coax going to my cable TV, I can use a splitter to send another coax to my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom