Recently installed OpenELEC and thinking of switching, but not sure how =/

Mama Luigi

Beta member
I want to switch to Ubuntu, but I can't run executables, since OpenELEC only has what's needed to run XBMC apparently, so I can't use unetbootin or PowerISO to make Ubuntu bootable. OpenELEC also doesn't have a terminal, so I can't use commands either. Anyone know how I can get Ubuntu (or any Linux distro capable of executing files) installed? I don't have access to a secondary computer that I can install stuff on, and I don't have a CD/DVD drive that works with SATA.

I want to switch to Ubuntu, but I can't run executables, since OpenELEC only has what's needed to run XBMC apparently, so I can't use unetbootin or PowerISO to make Ubuntu bootable. OpenELEC also doesn't have a terminal, so I can't use commands either. Anyone know how I can get Ubuntu (or any Linux distro capable of executing files) installed? I don't have access to a secondary computer that I can install stuff on, and I don't have a CD/DVD drive that works with SATA.

Sorry bud but you need to listen to this other guy who is trying to help you out.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194763&pid=1706763#pid1706763

If you don't have any spare flash drives either buy one from biglots, walmart, target or borrow one from someone.
Use sandisk flash drives 4gb-8gbs should be plenty for you.
SanDisk Facet 8GB USB Flash Drive - Red (SDCZ55-... : Target

Back
Top Bottom