Radeon HD 4750 Gets First Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
With all the attention the RV790 (Radeon HD 4890) is grabbing as it heads for launch, we almost seem to forget its smaller sibling, the RV740 (Radeon HD 4750) is also in the works. What makes the special, is the fact that it is the industry's first GPU to be built on the 40 nm silicon fabrication process.

A preview of this desktop card surfaced late last month, which showed its performance to sit somewhere between those of the Radeon HD 4830, and HD 4850. With this the company plans to step up the heat against NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, and is adequately equipped to bear the brunt of a price-war, thanks to the lower manufacturing costs this card brings. German retailer Hardware Schottenland.de has added the first listing of the card, which shows its price set at 129.90 €.

ATi Radeon HD4750 gelistet

thats amazing how that looks like its about the same size as a FX5500 but packs a mighty punch unlike the FX5500.

crossfire 2 of these little guys seems like a good option for new builds down the road.

i do wonder just how good the temps will be, it looks to be nice and cool, but we dont have that info yet.

Its supposedto be faster and cheaper than the HD 4830, which is saying something...

It screams... "You must buy me!"

Here's my fault with it: Why set it against something we already know it beats though?

the HD 4830 already beat the 9800GT... why didn't they up the ante and go for the 8800GTS G92`

Well doesn't the 4850 already compete with the 8800gts g92/9800gtx?

In any case my brother might be having me build him a computer in a few weeks (depending on tax return). And I'll probably be putting one of these in it.

it must run temps around 20c.....probably alittle less. If I had money right now I would so build 3 budget systems. Right now is the perfect time for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom