Question on a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
i have one or two options going for me right now considering a trade/sale for my laptop

i found a guy in craigslist with the following ad
1979 280zx and 1981 280zx (Price Reduced Drastically)

now he has agreed he would be willing to trade me the 79 for my laptop

but then theres this other guy willing to give me 800 cash and with that i could just buy the 81 for 300 and use the rest of the cash to fix the problems with it

the problems with the 81...
Beside the head gasket it would need the rubber fuel lines on the injectors replaced, and then a battery, tires, etc (normal stuff any car would need from sitting for a few years).

maybe its because im sleep deprived but im having a hard time deciding on what to do

and please no one come in here saying "thats one ugly car dont even consider it" because i like the way they look and have always wanted one

The 280zx is a hound of a car. I can't access craigslist here at work, but either one would be a decent deal. The 81 might need work, but it is doable (as long as what he says is all that is wrong with it. $500 should go a long way in getting it back up to speed (pun intended).

Yea im going to go look at the cars today i think.
If thats all thats wrong with the 81 im going to do that, but if it turns out its alot more i guess ill have to do a strait trade for the 79.
Ill be doing all the labor so the only thing i have to worry about is the price of parts

take the loot and buy the 81.

however, i would say you need to make sure you check both of the cars out before making a final decision.

yeh, make sure you have the cash to get the car and get it up and running, otherwise you'll be cash-less, laptop-less and have a non running car. and that would just be unfortunate.

take the car over to a shop and get a price quote for how much it would cost to repair it so it would pass inspection and if you have the cash to cover it, then go for it!

^i wouldnt take it to a shop EVER!!!

I always do my own auto work with my friends. Free labor and i know that it gets done right.

This would be my second vehicle I already have a 91 s10 blazer i fixed up and is running just fine, so I wouldn't be without a running car no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom