Question About Job Title

Alwaqfi

Beta member
Hi,

I have a question regarding a new Job Title.

The Case is, I am looking for new job title for Software programmer.
I asked my boss to get senior title, but he refused even though am doing 90% of my previous supervisor who has been Senior software Developer.

My Key Responsibilities in my current job:
- .Net Programmer ( from Doing analysis to designing the database to implementation)
- I do 90% of what a DBA work
- Contacting customers and sometimes I do some Maintenance things like (installing drivers, Formatting...etc)
- We have a Web Dedicated Server hosted outside my country, I did the purchase and I do the maintenance (Server Restart, Security, ... all kind of stuff you can think about)

I was going to ask if I can become a DBA, but I saw many posts thats My current title is better, and it doesnt cover what am doing completely.

In my country, titles make a difference in the salary. The better title the better salary or at least it increase it.

I want to ask if there is a Title suits my current task, where its fair for me!

Best Regards,

Wish i could give you helpful input - i live in America, where titles generally don't mean squat. You can have an Engineer title answering phones, i mean here it's about duties and responsibilities.

In america right now DBA's are in high demand, so here a DBA would be better than Software Programmer.

Back
Top Bottom