QoS WMM in Motorola SBG6580. Help Please

EngineerIRL

Beta member
Does anyone know how to use this? Can you assist me in prioritizing gaming on this wireless modem? If not, I have heard you can install a custom firmware to the modem called tomato to do it.
Thank You.
-iGeek

*Attached a picture and another page explaining it.

ghgr.PNG
fh.jpg

You could maybe look into DD-WRT, it might be more straightforward. I am not sure if it is compatible with your device, but you can check on their site.

www.dd-wrt.com | Unleash Your Router

Thank you for the reply, I looked into the devices for compatibility, and my modems model is not displayed, but they do have Motorola products and is said if its not displayed it could work or not, I am guessing they just haven't tried it, mine is SBG6580, I would want to try it out, but I am just not sure if it would work, I wouldn't want to mess up the modem rendering it useless.

Go here:
Port forwarding the Motorola SBG6580 router.

Click the game/program you want to forward ports for and follow the directions.

Thanks for the link! I have now successfully port forwarded those ports on my modem. Not what I was looking for but hopefully it increases my gaming experience. Still would like QoS, since it seems my modem doesn't have so, a custom firmware would work. I just want to be sure a custom firmware would work on my SBG6580.

Back
Top Bottom