PS4 HD Upgrade question

PopoChubbs

Casually Filthy
I didn't see a thread for this, and maybe it's a dumb question, but I thought I'd throw it out there:

For those of you who've upgraded your PS4 HDs, how much space did you have left over? I went up to a TB, but only have 861GB of space available now. There wasn't ANYthing else on the drive. Does the OS take up that much space? Or is there something I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

1TB formatted will already go down to around 930GB (because drive manufacturers advertise 1000 bytes, but actually formatting uses 1024 bytes). So then 930 - 861 = 69GB of data on there, either from the PS4 or games and such.

I know the Xbox One uses like 100+GB so it's possible. I was going to upgrade my PS4 with an SSD but testing showed it didn't make much of a difference if the plebs around you were still on HDDs.

1TB formatted will already go down to around 930GB (because drive manufacturers advertise 1000 bytes, but actually formatting uses 1024 bytes). So then 930 - 861 = 69GB of data on there, either from the PS4 or games and such.

When you put it that way, it makes a little more sense. I read on PS's website that SysRes is about 90GB, so I guess this isn't that bad.

I know the Xbox One uses like 100+GB so it's possible. I was going to upgrade my PS4 with an SSD but testing showed it didn't make much of a difference if the plebs around you were still on HDDs.

I picked up a Hybrid Drive, primarily for space, but the speed was nice too. Are you affected by people with "lesser" drives cause you can scale back as opposed to forcing them to speed up when they physically can't?

When you put it that way, it makes a little more sense. I read on PS's website that SysRes is about 90GB, so I guess this isn't that bad.

I picked up a Hybrid Drive, primarily for space, but the speed was nice too. Are you affected by people with "lesser" drives cause you can scale back as opposed to forcing them to speed up when they physically can't?
I only play Destiny on my PS4 so I'm sure you understand the loading process on that and it'll make sense why an SSD for me would be pointless.

Back
Top Bottom