PS3 20GB Discontinued In North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
PS3 20GB Discontinued In North America

After weeks of rumors and speculation, Sony has officially discontinued the 20GB PS3 in North America. According to Sony, 90% of the PS3s sold were the high end 60GB version so it only made sense to discontinue the 20GB model.

At launch, we offered two separate models of PLAYSTATION 3 to meet the diverse needs and interests of our PlayStation fan base. Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB sku, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America.

To be honest, after our 30 day evaluation of the PS3 60GB, I have to agree that if you are going to dish out that kind of cash, you might as well get the whole enchilada for the extra hundred dollars. I do like the look of the 20GB model better though.

The 20GB Model was stupid, it probably would of sold better if the 360 wasnt out, because the PS3 fans would of herd that the 20GB Hard Disk on the 360 was to little, thus opted for the 60GB PS3.

ohh, yeahh i dont get who would want the 20gb when someone can get the e60gb for only a hundred more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom