Promising file upload site

BloodyDuckers

Beta member
I found this site, it doesn't have much traffic right now so I think its fairly new, its give you like 30gb upload limit. Idk maybe you will like it: filewire.me/

Last edited by a moderator:
what ways can i upload / download?

browser? sync app? mobile app? share links?

box.com
dropbox.com
drive.google.com
drive.microsoft.com

the above seem to be the big players in this space.

Well I think filewire is geared more towards transferring files rather than storing them. And I don't think any of those other sites let you upload 30Gb files. I just send an 11Gb video to a friend over it, and it worked great.

But did you bother to read the Terms of Use?

If you allow others to access your data (e.g. by, amongst other things, giving them a link to, and a key to decrypt, that data), in addition to them accepting these terms, you are responsible for their actions and omissions while they are using the website and services and you agree to fully indemnify us for any claim, loss, damage, fine, costs (including our legal fees) and other liability if they breach any of these terms.

So right there it is telling you to be very careful with what you upload and share. As they are willing to tell everyone and anyone who asks the IP's that are associated with an account that does something wrong.

Any claim relating to FileWire.me's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arkansas without regard to its conflict of law provisions.

So yeah while they may give you a 30GB upload, they have made sure to cover themselves so that the service is not abused to pirate material.

Your words talking about sharing an 11GB video could easily be given to the State of Arkansas and used against you if the file is deemed as pirated material, even forcing you to pay for their defense in their case against you. Since you did agree to their terms and say that you take responsibility for sharing access to the information of the link given for the file.

10. General Prohibitions

You agree not to do any of the following:
•Post, upload, publish, submit, provide access to or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.

Like I said, they have themselves covered. I would be very careful in boasting about their services. If they are used incorrectly the person using the service would be hurt by it more than helped.

But did you bother to read the Terms of Use?

So right there it is telling you to be very careful with what you upload and share. As they are willing to tell everyone and anyone who asks the IP's that are associated with an account that does something wrong.

So yeah while they may give you a 30GB upload, they have made sure to cover themselves so that the service is not abused to pirate material.

Your words talking about sharing an 11GB video could easily be given to the State of Arkansas and used against you if the file is deemed as pirated material, even forcing you to pay for their defense in their case against you. Since you did agree to their terms and say that you take responsibility for sharing access to the information of the link given for the file.

Like I said, they have themselves covered. I would be very careful in boasting about their services. If they are used incorrectly the person using the service would be hurt by it more than helped.
Well the 11Gb file I uploaded was some minecraft gameplay I recorded with fraps. So I should be okay. Pluss files only stay on the site for 24 hours, unless you add more time to it, so my file was deleted a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom