projector audio question

Jcromswell

Beta member
So basically i have a projector which is connected to a ps4. I also have a shrround sound system which is functional but does not have a reciever which has hdmi output. Is there any way of getti g sound from my ps4 working while using the projector. I currently cannot afford to go out and buy a new reciever with hdmi. Personally i was thinking that maybe there would be a way which i could split one hdmi cable (the one coming from the ps4) so that one would plug in to the projector and the other one i to the reciever (it has one hmi in)

Thank you in advance

The PS4 should send audio through the HDMI. From there you can plug your surround sound into the sound out ports on the projector if its available (3.5mm or RCA)

Hi,

I dont think there is a sound out port on the projector.

Attachments

• 1414920465629588684538.jpg
    1414920465629588684538.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 8
Hello,
Thank you so much for the Optical Output question, I think it might just work. I just have one more question. Would the PS3/PS4 work with outputting video through HDMI to the projector and audio through the optical at the same time? If this is so I will definitely buy an optical cable. Oh, and is there anything like an optical splitter so i can have my PS4 and PS3 run into the same optical port (there is only one).

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom