Problem with Explorer on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobT

Solid State Member
My daughter is running XP Pro SP3 on her computer. When she boots up her computer, Explorer does not seem to be loading properly. None of the on screen icons come on, but if I go into task manager, stop Explorer and then restart it, that will usually solve the problem. Also, the computer will often not shut down, remaining on the "shutting down" screen. There are also some problems with accessing the internet & freezing, but I don't know if they are connected.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!!

First of all, try to get into Safe Mode. See if the problem persists. Then restart it and go into normal mode, see if anything changes.

Secondly, get Memtest86+, and run that for a few passes, to verify that your RAM is working well.

I just ran in to a similar problem on my friends computer. So I did a fresh in stall of his system. Prior to that I opened it up cleaned it out and reseated mem, graphics card and sound card. I also updated all of his drivers. That worked on his computer. I really think he had a virus as his virus program was out dated. It would be nice to know what computer you have. And how old. Here is an example

System Specs:

GA-MA-790X-UD4P
AMD 7850 Black EditionX2 @2.8
Corsair H50 (CPU Cooler)
Power Supply Antec EW 750
Case Antec 900 II
XFX HD4850 (ATI)
2X2GB Super Talent and 2x1GB Super Talent Mem. modules (6400)
Total mem 6GB
LG HL-DT-ST DVD/CD Burner
Alpine 3 1/2 Floppy
Hitachi HDP725025GLA380 250Gb, 2 partions, SATA
Western digital WD2500AAJS-00B4A0 250Gb 2 partions, SATA
(each HD is partioned in half)
Network adapters Realtec PCIE GBE AND 1394 NET ADAPTER 2ea. (on mobo)
Ati High Definition Audio on Graphics card
Creative SB Audigy 2

All drivers are up to date:
Bios for mobo: F10A (newest bios)

OS Windows XP 32-bit Pro on my WD drive, Windows 7 64 Ultamate on my Hitachi drive.
Both are full versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom