printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethangel

Daemon Poster
I have a big problem, i am a consultant for a large oil refinery, so we have quite a large network

here is the problem (its really wierd, get ready):

i have 2 users that when they print from a program called trays, it prints wingdings, so i said, ok lets just delete wingdings from her computer (no one uses that crap anyways) so i deleted wingdings (1,2, & 3) from her local hard drive, and it printed fine UNTIL she rebooted, when she rebooted, it added the fonts back (through group policy)

SO i once again deleted the fonts from her PC and then created 3 text files called wingding.ttf, wingdng2.ttf, and wingdng3.ttf, which of course would not be able to be opened as useable font files, so it would go to a default font, which, after rebooting proved to be correct (group policy wont replace existing files, no matter what they contain)

however, once rebooted it defaulted to a font called outlook.ttf, which is also a nonsense font, so, i deleted it, then created another text file called msoutlook.ttf, i havent had her reboot yet to see if it is going to find another crazy font to try

my question is, is there a known fix for this? or am i just going to have to go through every crazy font till i get lucky and find one that works?

btw we use ms office 2000 and windows 2000 service pack 3, and no there is no chance we are going to upgrade to windows XP, but we will be getting MS office 2k3 soon (not sure if that would have anything to do with it though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom