"Printer Paused"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
What would typically be the reasoning behind a printer continuously pausing itself? Reason I ask is it's happening to my Macbook Pro here at home. Each time, pause. No print, just pause. Granted, it's an older Minolta 2430 DL (doesn't even say Konica Minolta as current modes are named). I asked in the macosx IRC channel but of course, they said "it's upgrade time, go buy a new one" (typical). The printer works fine with other systems, whether it be XP, W7, Linux, etc. This happens with generic postscript driver, generic PCL drivers, and the driver from the manufacturer's site as well.

On the flip side, this is happening even on brand new copiers at work too. Some systems just pause and for some reason need an admin override to unlock/resume them again. Because of this, the "upgrade your copier at home" thing makes even less sense.

Any insight?

EDIT - looks like Bonjour might have done the trick, but I'd really like to keep things consistent and use LPD for printing. Plus, at work (which is part of the reason I'm posting), all we use is LPD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom