Print driver host for 32 bit applications has stopped working

ldrylie

Beta member
Hello all,

I have recently experienced the error "Print driver host for 32 bit applications has stopped working" while trying to print web content to PDF using IE9 and Adobe X Pro (Acrobat 10, Reader 9), which I do frequently. No problems until 4 days ago. The last installation or change to the system was about a month ago (TurboTax). I have a 6-mo-old Lenovo T420 running Windows 7; this is my personal PC, no network. Adobe PDF is my default printer, since I travel a lot and am frequently not physically connected to peripherals.

Adobe seems to be the 32-bit problem. I've searched the Adobe forums but found no resolution and general discontent among users with Adobe response to the issue. Thought I'd check here.

Troubleshooting:
  • I can reboot, print a few times, but I get the error again.
  • I've noticed the error occurs with certain pages; for example, I can print from my online banking site, but not from Orbitz or Google Maps - all on the same session of IE9 but on different tabs. I can print the Orbitz home page, but not the Orbitz results page. Etc.
  • As a workaround, I have tried using Print-key Pro to capture the screen (when all the data I need is within a screen shot), but when I try to print to PDF from Print-key Pro, it tells me the selected printer is invalid.
  • I tried repairing the Acrobat installation, but this had zero effect, and I couldn't find a repair option within Distiller.
  • When I am unable to print to PDF, I can still print offline to my HP flatbed.

Any ideas on what is causing this issue or how to fix? Any help is appreciated! Its very cumbersome to have to connect physically to my printer to print, and then scan the print to PDF for electronic sharing. (Besides that, my print/scanner feeder leaves a thick black line down the left side of every page, so I have to place everything manually on the glass to get a clear scan - arghhh!).

Thanks!
L

Back
Top Bottom