possible virus/spyware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
Well to make things a bit easier i'll write down the problems in point form.

Just a side note : I was debating on either this section or the windows xp one, but decided its best to check the hijackthis log first.

This is a sony vaio computer. Windows xp service pack 3.

- It takes the computer roughly 5-10 minute to start up. The bios and windows logo screen load normally, but when it reaches the welcome screen, the green hill background appears and takes a long time to load.

- The laptop freezes quite frequently making the diagnostics of the system problem very hard to determine as well as tedious.

- I cant open anything, nearly. I can open simple windows like my computer and browse around, but when i try opening system restore, add or remove programs, any sort of "uninstaller.exe" for a program and a lot more programs; they either take 5 minutes to appear; don't appear; or i get an error which is "application failed to initialize properly (0x0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application."

- When i try disabling my network adapters, it says : "Error Disabling Connection- It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may have one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or system account."

- On boot up a bunch of windows services (well maybe just a few) crash off the bat. Such as dr.watson debugger windows explorer (it just relaunches right after), microsoft management console and some others.

So my next try was booting into safe mode. I mostly got the same results. It logs in quicker and doesn't take 5 minutes, but i still cant open anything or do that much more for that matter. On top of that "add or remove" program is gone in the control panel... for some reason.

- I've tried disabling a lot of startup programs and services and to no avail nothing.

- I was thinking it could have been a problem with the anti-virus, so i did try to unisntall it, but there was no uninstall.exe for avast in the root folder and add or remove folder didn't work, cclleaner uninstaller didn't work and revo uninstaller didn't work.

I did try googling these problems individually, but I've realized whats the point, these problems sort have came out of no where. By the way this isn't my laptop its my sisters ~_~ So i cant say for sure what went on here.

Anyways there are a myriad of problems and i'm not sure whats going on here.

Hijackthis log will be attached

Any help will be appreciated. Sorry for the huge problem, heh.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    7 KB · Views: 116
You probably have some other problem, your log looks ok.

Did you disable everything is msconfig>startup?

yeah, i have msconfig on selective startup, and i've disabled all the startup programs and services (non-microsoft ones).

Still the same. Could it could be a hardware problem possibly?

I was thinking if theres no virus maybe we should move it to the "windows operating system thread", or should i just make a new thread?

Any other suggestions?

Have you defragged?

Ran ccleaner and cleanup?

When was the last time you installed the OS?

yep, i've ran every system utility possible; that would open that is.

I'm thinking it might be like a driver conflict or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom