Positioning with CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
I've got a menu bar that I want to place on my background template. I've got div tags setup for the menu bar and everything and i just want to place it in the middle and have it stay relatively centered. Is this even possible since the background is a static image?

Not sure what you mean by on your background template.

I'll explain the usual way I do it. Create a container div. Give it the value "margin: 0 auto;". That centres it to whatever width the window is. Then put your menu bar divs inside the container.

i figured that what i was doing wasn't going to work, basically i have like a 100px header, then a small bar that I wanted to place my menu on. it would work to do margins to center it in the middle, but then from the top it wouldn't work right. Basically I think what I wanted to do was impossible so i just recoded it all and instead of having it all on top of a template I just did all the background bits separately and made them all different elements. harder, but easier.

You'd have to show me the html and css because I'm still not sure what you mean with the background. I'm sure there's an easier way to do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom