Pobleme setting up a GDI network laser printer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofreeb

Baseband Member
Hello,

I would like to install a printer on my network equiped with PCÂ’s using Windows XP. It is a QMS-Minolta Magicolor DeskLaser 2200.
The way I have set the Network IP address: 192.168.1.200 as well as the Router IP address.

The machine provides 3 menus for SNMP (NMS1, NMS2, NMS3). I donÂ’t know how to use that but IÂ’ve given the IP address of one of my machines, then a Community name (?) is asked (Public by default) and an NMS access (several choices). This last bit is probably not very relevant for me as I donÂ’t know how to use thisÂ…

Obviously, the machine is recognised on the network because from different computers IÂ’m able to ping it.

One question is: because itÂ’s a GDI printer, does it need to be attached to a computer?

I’ve installed it with the Add Printer Wizard using the “Local Printer attached to this computer” (as this printer is not attached to a print server). I created a new port: 192.168.1.200 and give the name of Magicolor to the Port name.

But still, IÂ’m unabled to print anything!

Can anyone help me?

Ofreeb

Hi,

I don't know what this is but I have an RJ-45 Ethernet socket built in so it is a network printer.

Ofreeb

now do you have a server or you just using xp? and if you are just using xp why did you set that ip address and not let it establis its own?

I thought - just using XP - that I had to enter an IP address manually... Maybe by leaving the IP address to 000.000.000.000 on the printer the Router will assign its own through the DHCP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom