picture video storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
how much space to stored pictures take up in your computer. i don't have any problems but are they hogs of alot of space? also videos related to memory and hard drive.

It depends on the format you save it as. This goes true for video,sound and pictures. Bitmap are large picture file, while jpeg are smaller. The larger the better the quality and vice versa. I'm not sure what's the largest video format, maybe it's DVD or HDTV but I'm not sure (maybe someone can tell you), and MPEG and avi are probably smaller video format. MP3 are small sound format (I think wma is much smaller) while wav are larger.

If you're into multimedia editing, I suggest you have a decent machine with atleaset P4 3Ghz or AMD 3200 1GHz with 1GB of ram (2 GB recommended) and 250+GB of harddrive space (more is better), and a mid-range video card, and 5.1 surround sound with like 70 watts speaker package.

i'm not into all that. was just curious how much i was eating up with pics. probably have a couple hunderd at the most and a few videos. pics are jpeg

Make sure you defragment your harddrive too, atleast 3 times a month. Microsoft defragmenter is fine but third party software like diskeeper is much better. Having large files or many files scatter across the disk can degrade your harddisk performance. Especially when it comes to multimedia files that are accessed daily.

Law said:
Make sure you defragment your harddrive too, atleast 3 times a month. Microsoft defragmenter is fine but third party software like diskeeper is much better. Having large files or many files scatter across the disk can degrade your harddisk performance. Especially when it comes to multimedia files that are accessed daily.

true. which is why my documents are on another partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom