Pics of my new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the PSU is that it has rippling issues. One article found a 150mV ripple on a 12V rail at the 590W load mark. This is dangerous for parts in general, you risk damaging them over time. ATX standards allow a limit of 120mV ripple. That was on a GameXStream model, but it's a problem with the StealthXStream as well.

I mean, I doubt you'll even reach a 590W load, realistically speaking, but it just says something about the reliability of the PSU. Should be fine I guess. How much did you pay for it?

The problem with the PSU is that it has rippling issues. One article found a 150mV ripple on a 12V rail at the 590W load mark. This is dangerous for parts in general, you risk damaging them over time. ATX standards allow a limit of 120mV ripple. That was on a GameXStream model, but it's a problem with the StealthXStream as well.

I mean, I doubt you'll even reach a 590W load, realistically speaking, but it just says something about the reliability of the PSU. Should be fine I guess. How much did you pay for it?
$89 on Newegg.

Yep, the 8800GT is 65nm. Because of this it's supposed to require less power and run cooler, so it doesn't need the extra large heat sink.

It is slim, but it can get pretty dang hot. Mine has gotten to like 85C playing crysis before. I've heard of other peoples getting even hotter.

Overall it's a great card though, especially for the price. I got mine off of Frys.com for $229 when they first came out and had a sale price at Fry's.

It is slim, but it can get pretty dang hot. Mine has gotten to like 85C playing crysis before. I've heard of other peoples getting even hotter.

Overall it's a great card though, especially for the price. I got mine off of Frys.com for $229 when they first came out and had a sale price at Fry's.
Yes, they are supposed to run cooler, but they still can get pretty hot. Turning the fan up a little on the card seems to help out a lot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom