PC upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
A trojan is spyware or better termed malware. AVG and other programs are designed to detect malicious code. It catches spyware as well as other bugs at times while no one program will catch everything anyways.

The AVG antispyware program is simply Grisoft's updated version of Ewido. A far superior remover also placing a shield around the registry and actually quarteening popup generators is the Spyware Terminator. That outperforms not only the Grisoft version of Ewido but a long list of others even Ad-Aware 2007 and Windows Defender. Free spyware removal and spyware protection - Spyware Terminator

Forget Spyware Blaster and Spybot S&D with this one on. You have to install that last when first installing Windows or be prompted to allow or deny "everything".

The latest AVG 8.0 easily surpasses Avast as far as antivirus and now adding internet security to some extent in the free version with an optional IE toolbar. That adds more antiphishing protection over IE 7 presently does.

hmmmm, so AVG 8.0 > Avast! 4.8?
I might have to make a few changes around here then :p

But I still feel more safe with my spybot S&D around though.
I've lived with the bot for such a long time, I've even given it a name!
Rubert.
I can't just abadon Rubert now can I?!

Spybot S&D is by no means a bad one like some of the ones you could run across like Webroot's Spy Sweeper that shows a ton of items but you need to buy the full version crap to supposedly have some imaginery bugs removed. :rolleyes: Horse dump!

I've been putting the ST program through the works here and can give that a favorable report as an improved updated program seeing additional protections over others. It also sees regular updates while most of the older ones out seem to lack there.

A trojan is spyware or better termed malware. AVG and other programs are designed to detect malicious code. It catches spyware as well as other bugs at times while no one program will catch everything anyways.

I am sorry but what?

Spyware is the same as trojan which is the same as malware? No.

Spyware:
Spyware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Malware:
Malware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trojan:
Trojan horse (computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

No where on any of those pages does it refer to them being anything even remotely similar. Spyware is most commonly known for the Browser hijacks and keyloggers. Trojans infect your PC and give backdoors and also allow for your whole PC to be hijacked and zombied. Malware is even worse. RootKit is the worst of all.

AVG is NOT designed to detect them all. It will find malware and trojans. But not spyware. That is what spybot is for. Sorry but to think that they are the same is blantently wrong.

Various "bugs" will still be detected by AVG while often that may only point out where they are located. AVG still detects the coding on a number of items. But likewise you can take some of the popular spyware removers and stuff will still pass right by. Yet occasionally one of those will spot a virus.

The simple analogy is that being familiar with several not just one or two is one method of covering a larger range including newer bugs written more let's say deviously to get past established protections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom