Partition for Ubuntu

clark33

In Runtime
Im thinking about installing the latest version of Ubuntu alongside Windows. If I create my partition for it in Windows and name it "For Ubuntu", will the ubuntu installer allow me to select "For Ubuntu" when i run it. Guess what im asking is - if I install it along side Windows, it won't ask to take space from my Windows Partition?

Hope im making sense. thanks.

Correct.

You just have to select the install option to choose the partition you want to install to, rather than taking up the whole disk/allowing Ubuntu to partition for you.

Correct.

You just have to select the install option to choose the partition you want to install to, rather than taking up the whole disk/allowing Ubuntu to partition for you.

I haven't done a dual boot yet so sorry if im wrong, but dont you need to also config the BDC or config the GRUB? or it only shows windows as a start-up option? or is that only necessary for certain linux OSs?

I was looking at dual booting kali linux and read something along them lines

Last edited:
GRUB2 will autoconfigure and should automatically add both OS's as boot entries.

If you want to go back to using the Windows bootloader instead of GRUB, then you have to either use something like EasyBCD and overwrite the bootloader/add an entry for the *nix distro, or rebuild it manually using the command line from a repair disc/recovery environment.

Back
Top Bottom