Outlook 2003 PST password

marcoheras

Beta member
One of my users has a pst that they forgot the password to. This was discovered after a hardware/profile migration. Naturally, the information within the pst is "Must have" of the highest order. I've researched some freeware utilities without success on the pst. Most of them don't even recognize that the pst is password protected. They just report "corrupted", which it is not.
So what I'm looking for (ideally) is someone with first hand knowledge of a tried and true product for pst password recovery or removal. I really don't want to spend $60 on something stating it's guranteed without assurance. If you have a freeware link or otherwise that you have first hand knowledge of please that would be great. Otherwise I'll just let the end user know that they are out of luck and then standby for the crying.
Outlook 2003.

1. Determine which e-mail account password you need to recover by looking at the Outlook pop-up window titled "Enter Network Password." This box comes up every time you open Outlook if, during account setup, you did not check the box titled "Save this password in your password list," or if your password has changed since you saved it in Outlook. Your external mail server name and account user name will be visible in this box.
2. Go to the web mail site for your e-mail provider. Outlook is often used to view company e-mail, e-mail accounts from Internet service providers such as Verizon, or to organize POP3 e-mail accounts such as Hotmail. You will need to retrieve your password from each individual mail server, as Outlook does not have the capacity to retrieve passwords.
3. Click on the "Forgot my password" link and enter your user name.
4. Click "Continue" and answer the questions required for password recovery. You will have filled in this information when you opened your account.
5. Create a new password, or request your password be sent to an alternate e-mail address that you have access to, and then check that e-mail to retrieve your password.
6. Go back to Outlook and re-enter your password in the pop-up box, or by going to "Tools," then "E-Mail Accounts," then "View or change existing e-mail accounts," clicking on the account name and then "Change.
7. If you can't get back pst password via the guide on above, apply https://social.technet.microsoft.co...or-outlook-how-can-i-restore-it?forum=outlook

Back
Top Bottom