OSX Virus For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
OSX Virus For Sale

Mac antivirus maker Intego issued a warning about a possible OSX virus that is up for auction. Since there are no technical details about the virus, they are watching this auction closely. The seller claims that this virus is a poisoned ZIP archive that will “KO the system and Hard Drive.”

Based on the rate and type of vulnerabilities identified by projects like the Month of Apple Bugs it isn't too far fetched to expect that there are dozens or even hundreds of OS X specific viruses/malware creations that are sitting on the systems of their developers but which do not have many opportunities for widespread distribution.

I can just image an ad where the Apple guy is sweating and looking back at a screen, and on the screen is like a countdown to the end of the auction for the virus.

Me I am not worried - I now own a mac an to be honest one of the first things i did was get a AV program for it (avast before you ask), I have never liked the "Hi I am a Mac an I am immune to viruses an malware" any OS will be a target for malware an in the past Mac OS an OSX where ignored as there was a small limited user base not the ideal target but now whith more an more people moving to the mac we are getting unwanted attention.

I hope apple make a move in there next rounds of adverts to focusing less on trashing windows but more time giving people a decent idea of the realities of computing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom