OSX and log files

Status
Not open for further replies.

kramerP

Solid State Member
i want to try investigating my log files on my OSX machine b/c some weird stuff has been happening on it and i want to see if anything out of the ordinary is getting logged that might shed light on what is going on. the problem is that i am not real familiar with what log files to look at becasue there are not many in /var/log. and i'm not even sure if OSX puts all log files in this directory either so there may be other log files somewhere that i am completely overlooking. therefore, any insight into what log files i should start with and where they are located would be appreciated, then i can take it from there hopefully.

thanks.

sorry correction:

i want to try investigating my log files on my OSX machine b/c some weird stuff has been happening on it and i want to see if anything out of the ordinary is getting logged that might shed light on what is going on. the problem is that i am not real familiar with what log files to look at becasue there are SO many in /var/log. and i'm not even sure if OSX puts all log files in this directory either so there may be other log files somewhere that i am completely overlooking. therefore, any insight into what log files i should start with and where they are located would be appreciated, then i can take it from there hopefully.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom