OPML Support for Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Today I read the article about the Firefox add-on Brief which is an RSS reader for Firefox making use of Firefox's dynamic bookmarks. I have never used the dynamic bookmarks before, always an external application or web service that would display the RSS feeds that I have a subscription for. When thinking about it it did make sense to integrate the RSS feeds into Firefox directly which would make them independent of any web service. Netvibes, the service that I have been using for about a year, is having some technical difficulties lately and I have decided to give other integrated systems a try.
The first thing I did was to backup my opml information at Netvibes. These file contains information about all feeds that I'm subscribed to. The option was a bit hidden in Netvibes, you find it in the profile section under Feeds. Then I realized that Firefox had no option to import an opml file directly which meant I had to find an add-on that would import the opml file for me.
OPML Support is an add-on for Firefox that adds this functionality to the Bookmarks Manager. It provides an export and import option for opml files. This made it easy to transfer my RSS feeds from Netvibes into Firefox Live Bookmarks giving me the opportunity to finally test the RSS reader add-on Brief for Firefox.

OPML Support for Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom