Opinions on a domain name selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noohbee

Solid State Member
I own both the "I" and "E" prefix for the domain I want to use for my site (iRarity and eRarity- will be used as an antiques site)

In your opinion, do you see any advantages that either "I" or "E" has over the other? I haven't decided which one will be used for the primary site and it's promotions.
Like to hear if anyone knows of any advantages, relating to either SEO or organics, that might make one a better choice?

Thanks!

Landon

I don't know of any technical differences that the two would have. I think they both make excellent domains, but I'm leaning toward eRarity.

Yeh, I am most definitely leaning towards eRarity.
My brother says iRarity is better, but he's a complete idiot. :p

The only thing that gives me pause is that I heard a half-assed rumor about "I" prefixes might index higher than "E's" on google as a default, assuming equal (mirrored) content between both.

Reasons I actually paid attention to a half-assed rumor- I actually trust the person who said it.

Reasons I don't believe it- Because it's a half-assed rumor.

Use 'em both. Make your site eRarity, but have the iRarity direct to it.

there is no difference when it comes to seo but on the business side of things they are both terribly hard to remember.

You find eRarity "terribly hard to remember" ?:amazed:
Like, the word "rarity" only with an "e" in front of it?
For an Antiques biz?

Seriously? :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

Sorry.
Gotta disagree with ya on that one.
If you have a hard time remembering a six letter dictionary word with an e prefix, then you probably won't be in our target clientèle anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom