Old Lady Internet speed record

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE NEGATIVE

1) She is old

2) She feels as if she needs such a speed....

3) She thinks that it will actually perform that fast

4) I will break her speed record in 20 years and then die knowing I did AT LEAST 40 things SHE WISHED she did but she couldn't because she was too busy surfing the interwebs at 1/2 the speed she actually bought with her waste of cash. (Like... fly a plane.... CHECK!... thats 1)

5) She is old

6) She is alone

7) She is old

8) She is alone

9) I spent $0 and I can download a movie to a hotel in Virgina at a hotel I setup with trunked dual gig connections at a great speed (2 hour movie downoad/torrents in 30 minutes) Then I can D/L it to my home... and extra 40 minutes on a private line....
.... She obviously has a great deal of money and a great lack of logic.

10) If I had enough money/stupidity to put myself into a paper for "Quickest connection" right now, I'd pass..... someone else will do it faster in a month... and she will be forgotten. It's the truth.

Not to mention this is old news, and that it requires well over 150K of equipment, not to mention using "dark" fiber, of course this is a HOME connection doesnt even come close to taiwan which has the fastest connection

they were at 50 mbps 3-4 years ago

they awere at GB's a few years ago AOL itself was just a big Fiber Backbone, just leasing out ip's to everyone

...2) She feels as if she needs such a speed....

3) She thinks that it will actually perform that fast...

...someone else will do it faster in a month...

It was done as a proof of concept.

Here's a different story that attempts to explain what they were trying to prove.

Sweden: 75-year-old Sigbritt Lothberg from Karlstad, who has never used a computer before, now has what is currently believed to be the fastest residential broadband in the world.

Her 40 gigabits-per-second fiber-optic connection is capable of downloading a HD-DVD film in two seconds. The connection was set up by her son, Peter Lothberg from Cisco, as a demonstration of a new router system.

According to Peter the new system will allow data transfer between routers without transponders over a range of 1,240 miles. The company "wanted to show that that there are no limitations to Internet speed."

75-Year-Old Computer Newbie Has World's Fastest Residential Internet Connection

wow imagine 40giabits of pron a second. wtf, that would be more than enough for a lifetime. that sort of internet is only good for pron.

wow imagine 40giabits of pron a second. wtf, that would be more than enough for a lifetime. that sort of internet is only good for pron.

Duh... for me. I just realize that you were talking gigabit not megabyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom