Old android phone dying I need a new one

mikee

Fully Optimized
My current android phone (htc desire c) is dying I can't seem to do more than one thing at a time anymore. Every time I type on the keyboard while music is playing the music stutters and becomes distorted. It just started happening a few weeks ago. And starting yesterday I can't answer calls because the screen does not come on when the phone rings and the power button does nothing. Not until after the person hangs up can I turn on the screen and call back. The phone is running the stock firmware with prometheus sense kernel which I installed at the advice of xda developers to solve a persistent reboot crash problem.

I want to get something new while I am in canada for the summer that will work both on canadian GSM carriers and USA GSM carriers. It needs to be unlocked since I will be using it both on PC mobile in canda and AT&T gophone in the US.

I am looking for a Motorolla Moto G LTE or a Moto E. I like that stock android look and feel and don't really want to spend over 200$. I hear both these phones are guaranteed updates to android 5.0 which would be nice to get. The thing is I can't seem to find either of these phones unlocked anywhere in canada.

Check out Swappa. Seriously. You can pick up a Nexus 4 starting around $170, unlocked.

You should be able to find the G and E on Amazon, or you could order them from Motorola directly.

can I order them from canada because I checked today and it said coming soon.

I can't really do nexus because I need the SD card slot. I need more than 8 or 16 gb for my music collection alone

Edit: looked up Moto E on amazon canada and they want likw 250$ for one unlocked. Motorola stated that they are like 130$ unlocked.

Last edited:
can I order them from canada because I checked today and it said coming soon.

I can't really do nexus because I need the SD card slot. I need more than 8 or 16 gb for my music collection alone
[/QUOTE]

You can upload 20,000 songs to Google Play Music for free... so that shouldn't really be an issue. You can then sync which songs you want to listen to offline to the actual phone if you want, and have the majority of your collection on Play Music.

I think that would kill my data plan very quickly. I only get 500mb of data per month which is why I like to have all my music with me. If I had unlimited and I mean truly unlimited data (no slowdowns after a certain limit) then I would put stuff in the cloud.

Is there any stores that anyone knows of where I can go in and buy one of the motorollas unlocked? I know people on amazon want twice what they are worth.

Back
Top Bottom