oh dear god I deleted an important file!!!!!! help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundgarden

In Runtime
I am working on my station on a file saved on the server. I accidentlly chose to delete it. For some reason it totally skipped the recycle bin and deleted itself completely (first time that happened!) I have tried to download several recovery program. They are detecting the shared drive on the server (Drive E:) but they say the drive is empty. The only thing in the drive i the Shared Folder link, which of course, is like 0 bytes. Why won't it search deeper!

Please help, my job can be at stake here.

Thanks!

!

Hello,

If you are lucky you might have a Shadow Copy of it on the PC. If not yoru only hope will be file recovery software. Something like Pandora or some of the others ones that are out there.

Being that your working from a Server you might not be able to use them. Check for a Shadow Copy or a copy of it in your Temp files. Might be your only hope.

Cheers,
Mak

Shadowcopy wasn't enabled.

But i solved the problem. Its an AutoCAD file and my co worker had the .bak backup file. My god My *** is saved. I am going to have a huge beer tonight!

Recovery software needs to have direct access to the hard drive. Recovery over a network is not possible. Being that the file was on a server, it may be long gone. A busy server won't waste any time reusing empty space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom