not getting gigabit speeds on desktop

cliffhucker

In Runtime
I upgraded my internet to 200 down and my desktop (see specs in sig) is not getting anywhere near the 200 download speed. I plug my laptop into the same cat6 my desktop uses and get well over 200 down.

I have the latest driver for my Ethernet and it says gigabit.
I also looked in the bios for any settings but did not see anything.

48238a7662d04c68bd62eb415852da57.png

thanks

You're getting gigabit locally, but where are you checking to test your internet speed, what speeds are you getting when you do, when was the last time you checked your machine for malware/spyware/virus, and what else is going on in the house using the internet?

Edit: And OT but why do you have 3 GT 640s?

You're getting gigabit locally, but where are you checking to test your internet speed, what speeds are you getting when you do, when was the last time you checked your machine for malware/spyware/virus, and what else is going on in the house using the internet?

Edit: And OT but why do you have 3 GT 640s?

I have plugged my desktop directly into my modem (disabling router and all other devices) and get anywhere from 80 to 170 down. i plug my laptop in with the same cable and get 205-221

this is testing with speedtest.net. i get the same results no matter where i test, dsl reports, suddenlink (my isp) etc.

we went thru the 3 gt thing before. i had 2 then needed more monitors so i added a third. At this point do u see a reason for me to remove those and buy new video cards to support my 9 monitors ?

I have plugged my desktop directly into my modem (disabling router and all other devices) and get anywhere from 80 to 170 down. i plug my laptop in with the same cable and get 205-221

this is testing with speedtest.net. i get the same results no matter where i test, dsl reports, suddenlink (my isp) etc.

we went thru the 3 gt thing before. i had 2 then needed more monitors so i added a third. At this point do u see a reason for me to remove those and buy new video cards to support my 9 monitors ?
Do you have any anti virus software or software firewall running in the background? This would hamper throughput. Also, have you scanned for nasty lately?

If the laptop is pulling that speed then it's going to be software/drive related on the PC as the rest is working as intended.

I vaguely remember the monitor thing. Are you the guy running the stock stuff?

Do you have any anti virus software or software firewall running in the background? This would hamper throughput. Also, have you scanned for nasty lately?

If the laptop is pulling that speed then it's going to be software/drive related on the PC as the rest is working as intended.

I vaguely remember the monitor thing. Are you the guy running the stock stuff?

yes, i am a daytrader.

I do not have any anti v running, i disabled my firewall and no difference. My system is clean , i constantly scan with kaspersky and others, malwarebytes and use ccleaner. i am also very intune with every process that is running etc.

searching for the driver is a nightmare. i have the latest from asrock site and have tried others but not sure if i have the newest. the broadcom site is hard to understand. then there are the driver utility helpers that are questionable.

I have a Broadcom BCM57781 device id 16B1
https://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet-nic
dba66ce2463b402fac379cb119b830b8.png

and clicking on that 16B1 gives me this:
https://www.broadcom.com/support/do...,+Switching,+and+PHYs&pf=Ethernet+Controllers

when u search on broadcom it brings up a confusing list

I am going to order this card (have 1 accessible PCI slot) if i cannot figure this out within the cutoff time to have it delivered by Monday

update.

mystery solved.

I had autotuning disabled. I set it to normal and my speeds are where they should be.

6194545242.png

thanks for the input/help

Back
Top Bottom