no sound after fresh xp install

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSXmike

In Runtime
i just did a fresh xp pro install and cant get my onboard audio to work... i checked the bios and onboard audio is enabled... and i do have the right drivers downloaded... but when i run the setup it tells me that i dont have built in audio... any ideas...

if it helps my setup is:
soyo sy-k7v dragon plus!
athlon xp 1800+
radeon 7200
xp pro.. sp2

TSXmike,

Did you check MS site for compatiblity of your sound card with XP? It doesnt get listed in the device manager? Try installing drivers manually from the device manager or from the 'add new hardware' in control panel.

intercodes said:

TSXmike,

Did you check MS site for compatiblity of your sound card with XP? It doesnt get listed in the device manager? Try installing drivers manually from the device manager or from the 'add new hardware' in control panel.

i know its compatible cause i was using the same setup b4 my fresh install..

sound, audio, and game controlers is the only thing listed in the device manager that deals with sound

ok.. i did what you said under add new hardware.. when i got to where i select what im gonna install... cmedia isnt there... so i clicked on have disk, and browsed through the folder containing the onboard drivers... found what i needed, clicked on it and now its asking me to select the manufacturer and model of the hardware device and then click next... but theres nothing to select from... the box is empty

When you did the XP reinstall, did you install the chipset drivers BEFORE before installing the audio software? The order of installation can be critical.

i installed xp maybe 2 weeks ago... as far as the chipset drivers... they were already there b4 the fresh install

would reformating and trying to install the onboard audio first thing work.. i really need some help here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom