No seeds at all in any torrent download

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
Hi guys, I am getting 0 seeds for every torrent I download since I installed Vista on a separate partition on my hard drive. Now both XP and Vista can't find any seeds when downloading anything...and I am only connected to very few peers (like 23 out of 591, 20903 in swarm). I didn't change any networking settings...it's not my internet either, because I did some speed checks and everything was smooth and fast, direct downloads from various sites are also perfect.

I'm using utorrent. Can anybody help please? Thanks

Did you forward the needed port?? Not that I know anything about downloading torrents, because that would be illegal, but that is what I would check.

In uTorrent, look for a button called "Test if Port is forwarded Properly". I don't have it in front of me so I don't know exactly where this is.

Anyway, it will open up a browser window. Then it will test. If it's not forwarded correctly, there are steps for you to follow. Simple really.

If that's not the problem, make sure the uTorrent is in the Exceptions list in your Firewall. Also, if you are using PeerGuardian (you should be!) make sure it's allowing uTorrent to connect.

Did you forward the needed port?? Not that I know anything about downloading torrents, because that would be illegal, but that is what I would check.

Uh yea, like someone else said, torrents are very legal, its what the torrent MAY contain that MAY be illegal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom