No Internet On Resuming From Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disturbed137

Beta member
I've got a laptop with Windows Vista on it. Every night when I go to bed, I disconnect from the internet (dialup), lock my computer, and then shut the lid. Lately, I've been doing that and sometimes I'd try to connect to the internet the next morning, it connects, but if I try to sign on to any Instant Messengers or onto the web, it doesn't work. The Messengers immediately come up with an error, and the web browser loads up a blank screen (no error) and it says 'Done' at the bottom to show it is done loading. The only way I can use the internet after this happens is to log off and log back on. I've had this computer for over a year now, and have used the same process almost every night. Help

I disconnect from the internet (dialup)

:umm: That's the first time I heard dial-up in here..

In Device Manager, go to your Network Adapters, right click on your modem, go to Properties, Power Management tab, take the check off "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"

I had problems as that earlier, unchecking that fixed it :wink:

Yeah, I'm still on it.

I checked the device manager for my modem, and it wasn't ticked. Actually, it was grayed out to where it won't let you do that. The modem itself actually connects. You can hear it dialing in and if I go to Network and Sharing Center, it shows the ISP I'm connected to, connection speed, etc. But, it just doesn't let me do anything with it, even when it says I am connected to 'Local and Internet.'

Think you need to update your drivers, or something, good luck with that. Think you're just using Window's default driver, which works, but doesn't give alot of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom