No internet after wake from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr0490

Beta member
I am using a wake on lan app on my ipod so i can wake my computer from sleep. Im running into a problem though. After I wake from sleep, the network has limited or no connectivity. Any ideas??? Thanks! :)

Has to have connection - otherwise it wouldn't wake. Are you getting a message on the PC that says no network connectivity? Is it possibly another network adapter that is giving that message?

Cool app - what was the name?

It's called iwake and its on the apple app store. After the computer wakes up after using the app I see the network symbol change to exclamation, sometimes it acts like it has network access, but if I try to visit a website it saysit can't connect.

I ran ipconfig after sleeping when the Internet wasn't working, all the settings were correct.

Just because you have an app for your iPod doesnt mean that your PC is set to be woken up from LAN or LAN Devices. Have you checked to make sure that your PC can be woken from such devices?

I noticed this problem when waking up my computer the regular way by hitting a key on the keyboard, in addition to when using the app, the results are the same.

I just don't think it's properly getting an ip from your router.

I specifically want to know, is the IP and subnet your PC is given when waking up in the range of what your router is supposed to give on your network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom