Newbie needs hlep with RAID1 & backing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

photogman

Beta member
Greetings! First time poster here....I've been running an Adaptec ATA 1200A RAID1 setup for about 3 years now. Never given me a bit of trouble. Never had a failure. I've got several backup programs that I use: Acronis True Image 10, NTI Shadow, a quick and dirty freeware program called Karen's Duplicator, and last but not least, my most recent purchase - ShadowProtect Desktop version 3.1.

NTI Shadow backs up to my HP Media Vault Network Attached Storage (NAS) device from my RAID1 and C: drive.

Karen's Duplicator also copies files from either my RAID1 or C: drive or any other USB external drive for that matter to anything.

True Image 10 will backup to another IDE/ATA drive or external USB drive but not my network drive Media Vault.

My newest program, ShadowProtect, will backup from C: or another external USB drive, but not from my RAID1. I contacted ShadowProtect's customer service and they claim something is wrong with either one of my two RAID drives or the RAID controller itself. I can't believe that because it operates great with all other programs except ShadowProtect. I've read on a couple of places that Adaptec's ATA 1200A controller is not a true RAID, but I don't know what to think of that. If any of you could help figure out why ShadowProtect fails when it tries to backup my RAID1, it would be greatly appreciate!!

Do you have links to these comments on the 1200A not really being RAID? The 1200A is a great controller and I haven't heard any problems with it except a few XP driver issues. It sounds like SP is only coming up with a reason to cover a problem with their software. Need to know what OS you're running this on as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom