New Vegas issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
So my laptop (specs in sig) that can run Crysis And BF:BC2 medium settings at 30+fps can't run Fallout: New Vegas on the lowest settings? I run no higher than 30 frames and god forbid NPCs are on screen because than I'm lucky if I see 10fps and the issue has seemed to worsen.

Any ideas on whats going on or what I can do?
If i turn the drawing distances any lower It won't be playable. Plus it does this in buildings too.

Edit: According to System Requirements Lab... and common sense... I should be blowing these GFX away.

OK for some reason now it works on medium settings ok but not good enough and with multiple NPCs it slows down by half.

EDIT FIXED:

Source 1: FPS Drop when Near NPCs - Bethesda Softworks Forums - Page 8
guys guys guys! i think i found a fix. i dont know if it will work for everyone but yeah. after looking around and seeing the gpu wasnt being utilized completely i figured it could be some directx thing. so i went to http://segmentnext.c...-freezes-fixes/ and downloaded the dx9.dll they had posted there to fix the crash after intro video issue. when i started the game the frame rates shot up and there seems to be very little slow down with npcs. my guess is that it is forcing some halfassed dx10 optimization. anyway lemme know if it works for you. ill start a thread for it if it works for people other than me

Source 2: FIX for npc slowdown/fps drop - Fallout: New Vegas Message Board for PC - GameFAQs
download and install this to your new vegas folder. This fix was found by someone on the bethesda forums not me.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

hope this helps everyone with this problem

:devil:WARNING:devil:: Bethesda does not recommend this fix. They claim it can cause issues but from what I've read its just a matter of they don't support it but it works.
BIGGER ISSUE: megaupload gave me a trojan so stay vigilant, safe, and aware if you choose to download.:sweat:

This all in all worked perfect.

Hope this helps someone down the line. Just play it safe.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom