New 22' HD Monitor and Cable TV help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skater8j8

Beta member
I just ordered a monitor. Samsung 22' touch of color.

Samsung Touch of Color T220 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 2ms, 20000:1 (Dynamic), 1680x1050 (WSXGA+), DVI, RoseBlack at TigerDirect.com

I'd like to use this as a TV as well but there is not a cable jack.

What I hope to do is hook up my comcast cable box to my computer through a TV antena PCI/PCIe card. If i do this will I get the comcast options like "on demand" and such? Also can I watch the HD movies that comcast provides?

Also, Does my Computer grafix card effect the quality of Comcast TV/HDTV?
Do I need a PCI/PCIe TV tuner card build spesificly for HD?
Will the speed of my computer effect watching TV through the PCI/PCIe cards?

What are my options here as using this as an HD TV with digital cable and also as my computer monitor?

Any help will be appriciated. thanx in advance.

i could be wrong but I couldn't see anywhere that said the monitor was HDCP. If it isn't then you won't be able to hook it up via HD cable.

I would say such a high end model will have it by default, but definitely look into it, maybe on the Samsung website/product page.

I looked it up, all Samsung LCD's have HDCP Decoding.

Anyone know any of the answers to the question above?

I don't want to waste money or do things the wrong way.
Any1 running a setup with HDTV/Digital Cable to a monitor?
I'm about to build a new computer and need to know exactly what I need to not screw things up.

Please help me out peeps, I kno alot of people have the answers im looking for.

You would need a TV Tuner card. Cant just plug in your cable to a Video card. Maybe with the old style ATi All in Wonder cards but the newer cards dont have that function anymore.

Whats are my options like a coax- DVI/VGA or Component- DVI/VGA?

Can I just get a conversion cable of some kind?

Also it says RGB right above the VGA connector on the back.. Is there a proper conversion cable for that?

Whats up with using a PCI/PCIe TV antena tuner card? Will this work with digital cable?

There is no converter cable from coaxial to DVI or anything like that. You would need to go out from the cable box using component to the montior. If the monitor support component.

There is also no component to DVI/VGA cable either. So no converter cable will work for you.

RGB is component. If you have component output on the back of your cable box can just use a component cable from your cable box to the monitor.

A TV Tuner card is designed to do what you want. Connect a TV to a PC to allow for viewing/recording of TV. It will work with cable and satelitte.

Moved to right area.

I would use the hdmi port on the cable and directly connect it to the monitor. if you get a capture card get a hdtv one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom