Need to boost incoming signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

papitohead

Solid State Member
I have a retirement home in Colombia, South America in a remote part of town where I have no cable or telephone connections. Local cel phone companies offer wireless internet with a pendrive modem but the signal still weak. My question is if there any way I can build an antenna to boost the incoming signal for this pendrive modem.

Not sure what your asking? Is the wireless signal weak? If your wireless signal is ok a larger antenna won't increase speed.

Not sure what your asking? Is the wireless signal weak? If your wireless signal is ok a larger antenna won't increase speed.
I think he's saying that he wants better 3G reception on one of those dongles you use for 3G internet.

I don't believe there is much you can do with those.

Yes there is. You can buy a cell booster, but they're pretty expensive for a good one (used to sell Wilson brand ones for cars, and a home one that I can't remember the brand of); they run usually $200+

Oh yea I know what your talking about, been a while since cell's needed those so I didn't think of that. If they have that small coaxial type connection like cell's do I have an antenna somewhere.

All the new boosters are wireless. You just put an antenna up on your roof or on a pole or somewhere, run coax into the house, and plug it into the box. Then there's smaller antennas that transmit the signal indoors after it gets boosted.

Wi-Ex :: Home

These are the home units I used to sell.

Thanks for the good information CarnageX. The link was also helpful. I believe I can go from this point to the next point which is how to convert or connect my 3G modem to a router instead of just using it for one computer so I can use the connection for different things in the house. But that is another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom