need help converting video files

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrendanL92589

Beta member
Basically I need to know how to convert a "Power DVD file" into a file adobe can work with such as quicktime or windows media file.
(Here are the details)
I recently bought a hitachi mini-DVD video camera and I have been having a fairly good time filiming with it. Everything goes well until I have to put the discs onto my laptop to put into the Adobe premier elements 2.0 program. The only way to put the discs onto the computer is to set the discs on the camera to VR mode and then to finalize the disc also while its still in the camera. After all of that and I finally have the video on the computer the video is in a format that adobe can't work with.

If any could give me some help on this it would be so helpful, thanks!

http://www.videohelp.com/tools

variety of ways to go here, lots of tools to choose from, most direct I guess is just rip the VOB file(s) right into one file--try claddvd.net or pgc.net, from there Im pretty sure even wondows movie maker or media encoder will convert it to a .wmv file no problem

If adobe will do mpegs your better off going that route, all that would mean is ripping it right into an mpeg2, no loss of quality this way, you want to keep conversions to a minimum. If I recall, for windows I believe there's an app called vob2mpeg that will do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom