Need Advice For New Speakers, replace Inspire 4.1 w/ Soundstorm on AN7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Cow

Beta member
About 5 minutes ago I was doing my Midterm study work with my music cranked up quite a bit. I am using a set of Creative 4.1 speakers hooked into my Abit AN7's analog outs. My Nickelback suddenly cut out for no reason in the middle of my studying, I knew I had a problem. The speakers just shut off, no green light, nothing. About 15 seconds later they came back on just like normal, but they did it again shortly after. This time they stayed off for over a minute. To make due, I quickly turned on my backup speaker cabinet nearby.
This has happened before when I moved the sub under my desk, where it had very little ventilation. When I got it ontop of the desk the problem stopped. I am guessing it is an overheating problem, but this time it's on the desk with ventilation. I have been slowly pushing the volume level further upward, and I think these speakers have reached their limit. I think it is only 8watts per channel and maybe 20 for the sub.
These are great for gaming, but for my music pleasure I need something more potent (especially a better sub). I would also like to utilize the onboard Dolby 5.1 optical out with my soundstorm certified motherboard. I cant go over $150. Here's some that I've been looking at:
ProMedia GMX D-5.1
Logitech® Z-560
Logitech® Z-5300e
Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5500
(all prices below $150 on ebay)
Open to any and all suggestions/comments. Thanks

Well, if your interested in a bigger sub, go with the Logitech ones. If you like better highs and slightly cleaner sound at high sound levels go with the Creative.

I just recieved my Logitec 560s today. I will setup later. They look great. This will surely spice up my music over my Creative inspire 4.1 system.

I got the 560's for only $75 in GREAT condition. They are seriously a 100% improvement over my old Creative Inspire 4.1 system I had bought for the same price. The sound is much crisper and the sub is INSANE. The extra 300+ watts really is impressive. I recommend these to all!

awesome but i have a pioneer 600watt amp with two 15" subs.....and dolby digital 5.1......lol....i'll stick with what i have
but i might invest in that one....never know when you're gonna need a backup:cool:

lol, nice backup. But I bet it was nowhere close to $75. I am probably going to be buying some nice car speakers for my hippin minivan. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom