Need 32 Bit PCI Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
Hey

I have a really old motherboard, GA-6VEML. I am looking for a PCI video card that supports 32 bit connections. I searched everywhere, couldn't find one. Do you guys know where I can get one, top of the line? Minimum memory required is 128 MB. I REALLY HATE MY INTEGRATED GRAPHICS!!!!!!!! :mad: :angry:

My Specs:
Custom Built:

Giga-Byte GA-6VEML
Intel Celeron 1300 Mhz overclocked to1560MHz
1x 256 MB of SDRAM [Shared with integrated video]
1x 8 MB VIA Video Controller [Shared with memory]
1x Maxtor 8YLO80 Hard drive
1x LG CD-RW
1x CD-ROM
1x Crappy floppy drive

Need any more information?

PS: My PCI speed is 40 MHz, so will 32 bit connections work? PLEASE WILL YOU GURUS HELP!!!

Well, PCI video cards seem to be priced somewhat higher than AGP. Might as well just spend a bit more on a new MB. Even if you are able to find a 32-bit PCI card you won't get that great of performance since you have a bottleneck due to your PCI bus speed limitations.
A new MB/CPU combination, even if only budget products, would make huge amount of difference in that system.

Well I am saving my money for a new motherboard and CPU and Video card etc.

Total is around $5000 canadian

Limitations? I overclocked my CPU and the PCI speed also increased. I can reduce it, but then I will have to go back to 1300 MHz!

Jesus. I guess $$ is not a "problem" for you then. lol. I've seen some cards (old) that might suit you on tigerdirect.ca. Check it out man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom