My IE stopped playing music and video

Status
Not open for further replies.

william1971

Beta member
I'm using Vista on my laptop and my IE stopped playing music players and video a few weeks ago. I tried downloading Adobe Flash but that didn't work so I installed the latest version "IE 8" and now the back button is not even working.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get my browser to play video and music again? Please help!

Uninstall IE8
Download and run CCleaner (clears all the caches on your computer) and also run the registry repair.

Or just do the smart thing and use something other than IE - Opera, Firefox, or even Google Chrome.

Thanks Sparkmonkey! I'm currently using Firefox but I didn't understand why IE just stopped working. Ayway, I'll try running registry repair and see how that goes. Thanks again!

Try updating Shockwave and Java, too. Different sites use different methods.

Making sure you have the latest Flash, Java and Shockwave player is always the first set of options that should be explored. Flash is updated constantly and there is never a notification of it. Java has been updated to Release 6 update 12 last time i checked. Shockwave was also updated about 2 months ago as well.

Any of these could be a factor as well as IE8 not installing properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom