Music player

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
I use my netbook to play a few albums but fine Microsoft Media Player a bit heavy, is there a very lightweight music player that could be better? Was thinking about win amp - but dont think it is lightweight?

I use Winamp and it's great. It may have some features you don't need but I won't bother too much on it, for me playback is awesome, the controls are easy to remember (without the CTRL + *letter* shortcuts like in WMP) and if you want to customize, there's a lot of skins and addons (plugins) that could enhance your usage. You should try it out :).

That one looks good thanks. Would you know if there was a really good ID3 tagger that you could recommend? I didnt want to install media monkey, as it's a full application was wondering if there was anything lightwaite for ID3 tagging aswell?

Don't know any of hand, Winamp however has an "auto-tag" feature. It searches through an online database, querying the song's name, bitrate, size, etc and finding the closest match to it. So far it's been good to me, it has however picked up a few false information but I just discarded those.

I use vlc player. It has a very light-weight and simple interface. Its not the best music manager in the world but it support plenty of other formats so I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom