multiple instances of firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I'm moving computers. I want to have access to all the bookmarks from my old computer but dont necessarily want to import them into the firefox on my new computer. The way I was using it on the old computer it got all cluttered, while in the new one at the moment I only have a few important sites. Is there any way to have 2 different versions of FF so I can access my old bookmarks if need be without being overwhelmed with the 4+ years of bookmarks on the old computer?

I'm moving computers. I want to have access to all the bookmarks from my old computer but dont necessarily want to import them into the firefox on my new computer. The way I was using it on the old computer it got all cluttered, while in the new one at the moment I only have a few important sites. Is there any way to have 2 different versions of FF so I can access my old bookmarks if need be without being overwhelmed with the 4+ years of bookmarks on the old computer?

Firefox has profiles for each user. It stores settings, bookmarks, etc. if you wanted to you can create a new profile and keep your old one to access your old bookmarks, this may help.
This can be done by first making sure your closed out of Firefox. Go to run and type in firefox.exe -p
This should give you the option of selecting, deleting and creating Firefox Profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom