Minecraft server keeps changing external ip

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Help, because of my broadband (talktalk), when i made my minecraft server, my ipv4 address stays the same but my external ip keeps changing! I want it stay the same and i dont want to spend ANY money on software or devices or anything. I just use the server to play with my friends and to learn about making servers, port forwarding and stuff like that. If there is a solution, can you give me a detailed tutorial?:annoyed:

note: i think i have a dynamic ip.

Your best option would be to use a dynamic DNS service.

Free Dynamic DNS - No-IP.com - Managed DNS Services

You'll have to install a program on the server you're using to host Minecraft that will refresh your NoIP domain as your IP changes. That way, whoever wants to connect to your server will always connect at a name instead of a number.

Example: mcserver.ddns.net instead of 174.134.33.4

EDIT: To clarify, your friends have connected from your external IP address to your server, correct? Are your ports all forwarded?

This site will help you with that if you haven't done so already.
http://portforward.com/

All you need to know is your router model and manufacturer and the default login / password, etc.

If you have trouble just post here, I'll be on here pretty much all day :tongue:

Last edited:
I Second that, Noip.com is brilliant I use it for a home based web server. you get about 5 mins of down time when the address changes but its quicker and easier than doing it manually. My router always reboots itself at 10:50PM so minimal disruption anyway.

Back
Top Bottom