Microsoft Releases Hardware for Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft on Tuesday made available its first keyboard and mouse set designed specially for Mac users, which sports a silver finish to match Apple's styling. The package includes Microsoft's Comfort Curve Keyboard -- without a Windows Start key -- and wireless high definition mouse for $99.95 USD.

Microsoft has also added hot key mapping for Mac programs such as iPhoto and iTunes, along with an eject key. "This launch further demonstrates Microsoft's commitment to enhancing the computing experience for Mac users. We were able to preview the product at Macworld this January and saw firsthand the very favorable response from Mac customers," said Scott Erickson, director of product management and marketing for Microsoft's Mac business unit.

Here

talldude123 said:
Next, they make OS's for Macintoshes?
Highly, highly doubt it. Ever since Dvorak wrote that stupid (and uninformed) article, people keep repeating this one. It doesn't make sense.

http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=38399&eid=4&edate=20060531

Microsoft unveils Mac desktop

Microsoft said it has produced a desktop specifically for users of rival Apple Macintosh systems.

"This launch further demonstrates Microsoft's commitment to enhancing the computing experience for Mac users," Scott Erickson, director of product management and marketing for the Macintosh Business Unit at Microsoft, said in a prepared statement.

Among the elements of Microsoft's announcement is a Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac's Comfort Curve Keyboard; Mac Modifier Keys, which provide "control, option and command" buttons; a "Zoom Slider" that enables magnification of digital photos and other media; favorites keys; an "Eject" key for CDs and DVDs; other "Hot Keys;" and a high-definition laser mouse.

Microsoft said this is the latest example of its efforts to provide products for Mac users, including versions of its Office software for the Macintosh operating system.

The said it is street-pricing its Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac at US$99.95 and it will be available this year.

"This launch further demonstrates Microsoft's commitment to enhancing the computing experience for Mac users," Scott Erickson

Is that sick joke , or an insult ?
Most of the mac users that I know loath the thought of even installing MS Office for Mac.

Lol, yeah. When I had a Powerbook, I thought about stealing it just to see what it was like ..... nnnnaah. NeoOffice is pretty nice, but I really have no use for an Office suite anymore, I don't even care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom