Mcsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

trev

Solid State Member
I am not quite sure which qualification should I study. Which one is better MCSA or MCSE?

I read the course descriptions of those qualifications, but they kind of sound similar in a way. Hope you can help me decide which one to do and stuff.

The course I am in builds on the knowledge base and will allow me to obtain both.

My curriculum follows this path: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA

Once I get MCP, it is only a couple of more test for MCSA, then a few more test for MCSE rather than take all of the test at once for either MCSA or MCSE.

Hope this helps.

"Better" is kind of a loose term here. I mean it really depaends on what you want to do.
It'll depend on a job or career path that you are after. Some people get by fine on an A+ or A+ / Net+ and never really need to take another exam again to proove anything. Some people just want to take these certifications because there company pays for them. Some people take them and happen to pass, get a job and then find out that the exam really was only about 60% of the actual knowledge that you gain for that field. Some of the exams that you take to achieve a certification will be the same. Some follow a certain path. For example.....an MCP (which is really just 1 exam) is nescessary in order to acheive the MCSE or MCSA. Once you pass one of the exams needed for the MCSE or MCSA.......well, you are a MCP. In my opinion, the MCP is a bogus acronym. It's just Microsoft's way of saying "Hey.....even if you even us money for 1 exam....you can still have these 3 letters!"
It's a way to drive you to give them more money to get to a higher certification. Look at the credentials for eac of these certifications and see which one is right for you.....

In the end, ok, the MCSA has fewer exams to pass, but once again, it depends on you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom